Procedure for Handling and Investigation of Complaints Introduction:
Sometimes, you may be dissatisfied with the service or product you have received. And when that happens and you think you want to let us know. We would like to assure you that:
• We will listen to your complaints, take them seriously and there will be no retribution for making a complaint.
• All complaints or any expression of dissatisfaction with our services will be dealt with quickly and effectively, confidentially between the individuals concerned within the Company and any justified grievances will be promptly remedied.
• The aim of this procedure is to resolve complaints locally to a satisfactory conclusion wherever possible.
Patients should be aware that if they wish to register a complaint they should in the first instance address it in writing within 3 months of occurrence or discovery but not more than 6 months to:
Dr. Catherine Greenhalgh (Company Director)
Infinity, 3F Tower House, Loch Promenade,
Douglas, Isle of Man IM1 2LZ
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01624 898 888
Procedure for Handling of Complaints:
1. All complaints will be fully investigated by Mr. Norman Greenhalgh, one of the Directors if the complaint is about Dr. Greenhalgh's work.
2. All complainants will receive a written acknowledgment within 5 working days of the complaint being received.
3. The complainant will receive a written response within 21 working days or a written explanation of why the response is taking longer and when they can expect a response. A full response is made within 21 working days of a conclusion being reached.
4. All staff involved in a complaint will be informed of the outcome and any appropriate advice on preventing a recurrence.
5. On completion of a complaint, a full written report will be made including any recommendations and actions by Dr Greenhalgh.
6. Where a complainant is not satisfied at the conclusion of the complaint process they have several options depending upon the nature of the complaint:
7. Where a complaint may relate to being a breach of the Articles, Regulations or Policies of Infinity Dental & Beauty Spa Ltd. or where it refers to a matter concerning the conduct or performance of a member who has a legally prescribed connection to the Company as their practitioner, patients may raise their concerns directly to the Director within 28 days of the conclusion of the local process.
8. Where the complaint may relate to a breach of professional standards of conduct, clinical competence or fitness to practice, patients can raise their concerns with the appropriate professional regulator (Doctors – General Medical Council, Dentists - General Dental Council, Nurses – Nursing & Midwifery Council (see below).
General Medical Council
0161 923 6602
General Dental Council
Dental Complaints Service (for private practices)
37 Wimpole Street
Telephone: 020 8253 0800
Nursing & Midwifery Council
9. Where the complaint relates to a breach of independent clinic statutory regulations. The organisation is registered with the Department of Health and Social Care, patients can contact the DHSC.
Registration and Inspection Unit
St George’s Court, Hill Street, Douglas,
Isle of Man, IM1 1EF
10. Where the complaints relate to access to personal information or data protection:
PO Box 69, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1EQ
11. Patients retain the option of seeking legal advice relating to a complaint about the service provided by any healthcare provider.
12. Vexatious, repetitive and malicious complaints will be brought to the attention of the Isle of Man Constabulary.